FROM THE DESK OF E. KRISTIN ANDERSON:
UPDATE: Scroll to the bottom to see these kits in progress!
Hello readers! As you may have seen on Twitter and Facebook, I'm up to no good.
Finishing Line Press, October 2014.
With the hopes of getting all y'all to pre-order copies of my forthcoming chapbook A JAB OF DEEP URGENCY
, I am offering thank you gifts. And those thank you gifts come with some sweet, sweet membership. Anyone who receives a pre-order gift from me -- and, to be clear, anyone who pre-orders and emails me their proof of purchase will receive said gift -- is an official
member of the #UrgencySquad. #UrgencySquad
kits will contain the following:
1. A letter from me! Which might not be that exciting, but the letter does include your mission, should you choose to accept it. Also, some thank yous.
2. One page from Jennifer Egan's A VISIT FROM THE GOON SQUAD, chosen at random. My new chapbook was created using Ms. Egan's novel, as you know. So, I'm giving you a page of your own.
Anchor, Paperback Edition, March 2011.
3. A few other source texts. (Can you see where this is going?) You might be getting a magazine article, the back of a cereal box, or breaking news. Or all of the above. Or other texts altogether. IT'S A MYSTERY.
4. Glitter. Okay, fine, confetti. Because I hear some people don't like vacuuming glitter out of their carpets.
5. A crash course on found poetry, complete with links to resources and examples. To help you in your mission. (Should you choose to accept it.)
6. SWAG! I'll be sending signed post cards, and I'm currently collecting promotional swag from other writers of found poetry. So, yes, you will be swaggified.
SO. Are you ready to join? Become a member of the #UrgencySquad
by pre-ordering A JAB OF DEEP URGENCY
from Finishing Line Press. After you order, send me proof of your purchase (you can forward your receipt or take a screen cap of your completed order) by email to e.kristin.andersonATgmailDOTcom
. Make sure to include your mailing address! I'll put you on the list to receive your #UrgencySquad
kit. They will be mailing out in August.
...and guess what? I don't care WHERE you live! If your country will let me send things to you, I'll send them. Because the #UrgencySquad
is about having fun and making art, but it's also very much about thanks. So thanks, y'all! I can't wait to post pics as I assemble these kits. Because...I have already found confetti in my shoes today. It can only get better, right?
Oh, and BTW, can we give some more mad props to jowyn
who did the cover for A JAB OF DEEP URGENCY? She's totally an automatic member of #UrgencySquad!
PS, here are the materials I've gathered thus far. AND I'M NOT DONE YET: